Tasks for today:
1. Add the following questions to Table 2 of your Unit 2 Globalization notes:
- What is power?
- How is knowledge a form of power?
- How have ideas sparked revolutionary changes within society?
- To what degree were the ideas of the Age of Reason powerful?
- Which ideas were more powerful than others?
2. Decide what level each question is according to Bloom's Taxonomy of Higher Order Thinking Skills
Bloom’s Taxonomy - Level of Questions with Sentence Starters (Google Slides)
3. Discuss these within your group.
4. Decide on 1-2 questions that you will focus on for today's class inquiry
5. Research (using the sources provided to you within the "Power of Ideas - Age of Reason" presentation
6. Record your sources, notes, ideas, etc. in Table 2 of the Unit 2 Notes doc.
7. Participate in a practice Socratic Discussion (Shared Inquiry) as we discuss these questions in groups.
HW: Pick 2 enlightenment philosophers to research; compare/contrast; take notes in table 2 (Unit 2 notes doc)
Inquiry/Research Rubric and the Shared Inquiry Rubric