Today we are going to examine what is power and take a closer look at the power of ideas. We will use the Age of Reason (Scientific Revolution and the Enlightenment) as examples of the power of ideas.
Tasks for today:
1. Add the following questions to Table 2 of your Unit 2 Globalization notes:
2. Decide what level each question is according to Bloom's Taxonomy of Higher Order Thinking Skills
Bloom’s Taxonomy - Level of Questions with Sentence Starters (Google Slides)
3. Discuss these within your group.
4. Decide on 1-2 questions that you will focus on for today's class inquiry
5. Research (using the sources provided to you within the "Power of Ideas - Age of Reason" presentation
6. Record your sources, notes, ideas, etc. in Table 2 of the Unit 2 Notes doc.
7. Participate in a practice Socratic Discussion (Shared Inquiry) as we discuss these questions in groups.
HW: Pick 2 enlightenment philosophers to research; compare/contrast; take notes in table 2 (Unit 2 notes doc)
Your homework is in preparation for a formative Socratic Discussion on November 13 (A Blocks)/ November 14 (B Block).
Power Philosophy --videos in the playlist (Locke; Machiavelli; Hobbes; Rousseau)
Inquiry/Research Rubric and the Shared Inquiry Rubric
Mrs. Stewart's Course
You'll find a daily agenda posted here for each day that class meets