Unit 3: Intro to conflict
Unit 3 Essential Questions:
- What are the causes of conflicts?
- How are conflicts resolved?
- When is war justified?
- Can peace lead to war?
resources for conflict unit
Videos for 20th Century Conflict
Resources for WWI
What are the Underlying Causes of World War I?
- Main Causes of World War I (WWI Presentation with videos and resources)
- Additional WWI Resources:
- Reading resources for WWI:
- WWI: “The war that changed everything” - Google Doc
- “Crisis and Conflict” Reading Packet - PDF (pgs. 4-13 are most relevant)
- “Europe at the Beginning of WWI”- Google Doc
- “Colonial Folly, European Suicide: Why World War One Was Such a Bloodbath” - NYTimes article
- Historians Opinions - Causes of WWI (compiled by Mr. Doug Behse)
- Chapter 29 “The Great War” (World History textbook pages 838-861)
Resources for Other Conflicts
- Authoritarian Regimes: Communist Russia (DBQ)
- Authoritarian Regimes: Nazi Germany (DBQ)
- Authoritarian Regims: Fascist Japan (DBQ)
- TEDEd: How Did Hitler Rise to Power? (TED Ed)
- Dictators, Tyrants, Authoritarian Government: Despotism (1946 Encyclopedia Britannica Films)
- Stalin: Inside the Terror (BBC)
- The World Wars: Mini Bio Joseph Stalin (History Channel)
- What is Fascism? (NowThisWorld video)
- History Brief: The Rise of Imperial Japan (Reading Through History)
- Crash Course World History: WWII (Crash Course w/ John Green)
- Crash Course WWII: A War for Resources (Crash Course w/ John Green)