Pre-Globalization: Regional Trade
The Silk Road
- World History: Patterns of Interaction: “Chapter 2 River Dynasties in China”
- World History: Patterns of Interaction: Chapter 7: “Han Emperors in china” (Textbook PDF)
- Crash Course in World History: China’s Dynastic Rule (Video)
- Unit 2: The Silk Road (Google Slides)
- The Dynastic Cycle (Google Slides Presentation)
- Crash Course in World History: 2,000 Years of Chinese History (Video)
- Overview of China’s Dynastic Rule (PDF of Presentation)
- Confucius and His Teachings (PDF Chapter Reading)
Videos for Early Globalization & Exchange...
- What is power?
- How is knowledge a form of power?
- How have ideas sparked revolutionary changes within society?
- To what degree were the ideas of the Age of Reason powerful?
- Which ideas were more powerful than others?
Videos for Power & Revolution
Resources for research on The Power of ideas & Age of Reason:
The Scientific Revolution:
The Enlightenment in Europe:
Intro to revolutions
- French Revolution
- England’s Revolution (a.k.a. "Glorious Revolution")
- Haitian Revolution (a.k.a. "slave revolt")
- Russian Revolution (focus on the 1st revolution)
- Cuba’s Revolution (Fidel & Raul Castro + "Che" Guevara)
- Mexican War of Independence (part of the Latin American Revolutions)