Questions we will ask in small group discussions as we explore how these two revolutions were similar and different...
Helpful Links for today's class:
- French Revolution Presentation
- Russian Revolution Presentation
- Compare/Contrast Table of French & Russian Revolution (1 member of your group makes a copy of this to share)
Causes of the revolutions:
- In what ways were the causes similar?
- In what ways were they different?
Process of carrying out the revolutions:
- In what ways was the process of the two revolutions similar?
- And what were the primary differences in how the revolutions were carried out?
Consequences (impacts) of the revolutions:
- In what ways were the consequences (changes, impacts) of the revolutions similar?
- In what ways were the consequences different?
- Which revolution resulted in sustained (longer-lasting) changes?
- Which revolution resulted in more dramatic changes to how people lived before the revolution compared to after?
- Were there any similarities in the types of consequences seen at the end of the revolution?
- Did both revolutions experience unintended consequences (changes that were not what they had aimed to achieve-- a different or unexpected outcome from when the revolution began)?
Based on your group's responses (and your individual response) to these questions, develop a venn diagram (you will do this individually but with group input via small group discussion).
After you have discussed this in your small group, we will discuss the two revolutions as a class.
HW/Prep: Create an outline for a compare/contrast essay (formative) on the french and russian revolution.
Outline due at the beginning of next class, Wed. 11/23 (a blocks); mon. 11/28 (b blocks)
You will type your formative essay outline on this document: (have this ready at the beginning of next class)
- Formative Revolutions Essay Outline - Student Template (already in your WH Drop folder)