Do the benefits of this change outweigh the costs for your culture?
Suggested framework or outline for your argument:
- Historical context/background of the change within your culture (when in history this change occurred, what/who caused it, and what aspect of their culture changed as a result (language, way of life, belief, etc. -- give context of how this is different than how life was for them prior)
- Compelling Claim: argument for the change to the culture being more positive--or negative in longterm impact and WHY
- Evidence to support your argument (at least two pieces of specific historical evidence to support your claim)
- Analysis/reasoning of how the evidence supports your claim
- Counterclaim (counter argument --or opposing argument with evidence; then refute opposing argument to further strengthen your own argument)
- Conclusion (thought-provoking)MLA citations (in-text references and a work cited page)
Note the following when drafting your argument:
- You will need to consider the organization of your ideas and use quotes and/or paragraphing where appropriate.
- You will NOT be provided an outline-- you must construct this argument yourself.
- Consider using some of your existing writing (research findings and conclusion, “meanwhile in…” story of your endangered culture).
You will UPLOAD to Schoology at the end of class today.