You will have a one-on-one check-in with Mrs. Stewart about your research issue and your research question(s).
You will also determine 3 "critical friends" in which you will receive feedback from them throughout this unit. You will meet with one of your critical friends in class today to get feedback about how you are organizing your research notes so far...
Helpful Resources for Today:
- Unit 4 Webpage -- many resources here to help you with this unit
- Research & Note-taking Tips (Google Slides)
- Guiding/Supporting Research Guidelines Tips for developing better research questions
- Internet Research Tips ( Google doc)
- Research Tools -- you NEED these!!! (trust me)
- Exemplars - Developing and Evaluating Supporting Questions (Google Doc)
- Exemplars - Research Notes (collection from various research portfolios)
- Exemplar - “Power” Student Research Portfolio
HW: Keep Researching... work on your mid-level questions
- Work on trying to find answers to your mid-level questions.
- Be sure you are recording the source for your notes (notes, text evidence, etc. matches with the source it came from), and you are making notes on which perspective your source represents.
- By the conclusion of your research, you should have 9-12 sources (and a variety of types of sources), representing at least 3 different perspectives/voices on the issue.