Let's take a look at a modern-day revolution to see how it began and what underlying factors may have been present that contributed to the start:
Case-study: a modern-day revolution:
- Mohamed Bouazizi: The Spark that Ignited the Arab Spring (the globalist)
- The Arab Spring: A Year of Revolution (NPR)
- The Guardian view on Egyptian democracy: it would be a good idea (Guardian, 2018)
- Into the Hands of the Soldiers review: how democracy failed in Egypt (Guardian, 2018)
Additional options for 2nd choice of revolution:
- England’s Revolution (a.k.a. "Glorious Revolution")
- Haitian Revolution (a.k.a. "slave revolt")
- Russian Revolution (focus on the 1st revolution)
- Cuba’s Revolution (Fidel & Raul Castro + "Che" Guevara)
- Mexican War of Independence (part of the Latin American Revolutions)
Once you have decided on which revolution you want to research, please complete the following short Google Form.
HW: take notes from at least 1 source on 2nd revolution
Consider with QCI which of the supporting questions this source helps you to answer--these are your insights.