World's biggest moments in HUMAN history
Today's Presentation link (Google Slides)
Today's Driving Question:
How did the past shape the world today?
World's Biggest Moments:
Today you will discuss in small groups the big moment you chose. You will also type up your thoughts about this issue within Schoology.
| || |
state of the world
In small table groups, you will explore what a global issue is and make a list of possible global issues.
Helpful links to get your group started in thinking about and discussing "Global Issues"
- This website's Current Events & Global Issues Page
- United Nations Global Issues Page
- Global Issues Network (GIN)
- Model United Nations - Global Classrooms
You will pick 1 issue you are very interested/concerned about that you feel the world must address. You will need to find 2 resources that help provide some background about the origins of this issue (where this issue started and/or when it became a "problem")
- You will need to decide on 1 global issue that you feel most interested in --or most concerned about.
- You will then develop questions you want to ask and research about this global issue (but think like a historian)
- You will begin a brief research of the origins of this issue (when did it become a "problem" needing the world to address it)
- You will find 2 sources that explain some of the history of this issue.