Afterwards, you will work on your selected MEDC and LEDC case study countries and gather data for the following:
Consider using the following websites to help you gather data on your MEDC and LEDC:
- ABC Clio World Geography: Understanding a Changing World (username is "sastigers" and password is "sastigers")
- CIA World Factbook
- NationMaster - Ethnicities by country
- IfItWereMyHome.com - Country Comparisons
- Map of Most and Least Ethnically Diverse Countries
EMIGRATION &/OR IMMIGRATION ISSUES:
Add any information related to Emigration or Immigration Issues -- do either of your countries have issues related to net in-migration or net out-migration?
Please make note of any historic or current issues they are facing for immigration.
Continue population composition to include the following for Culture:
- Ethnicities (how many? What are they? What is the percentage of each?)
- Religions (what is practiced there? What is the percentage for each religious groups? Are there any issues related to religion for this country (religious conflict, persecution, intolerance) or is the country rather tolerant?
- Languages (What is spoken there? What is the percentage for each language? What are the official languages recognized by the government? What is the language of instruction for schools?
- Gender Roles: What are some of the traditional gender roles for this country? What percentage of women are literate? What percentage of women make up the workforce? What is the TFR for this country? What gender issues may exist (gender equality, rights for women, etc.)
- Sexuality and Sexual Orientation: What issues may exist related to sexuality and sexual orientation? Is this country accepting of LGBTQ or not?-- To what extent?