Afterwards, we have a handful of students who will present on their Interim Project Presentations.
Once presentations conclude today you will have the remaining time in class to start reading Rubenstein CH. 11 Industry and begin working on the reading guide (handout given in class).
Please be sure to use the PDF version of the 12th edition of Rubenstein--there were some major revisions between the 12th edition and the edition you have at home. It is to your benefit in preparation for the AP exam to use the 12th edition.
Helpful Resources for Today's Class:
- Rubenstein CH. 11 Industry - Key Issue 1 (PDF)
- Rubenstein CH. 11 Industry - Key Issue 2 (PDF)
- Rubenstein CH. 11 Industry - Key Issue 3 - Energy Sources (PDF)
- Rubenstein CH. 11 Industry - Key Issue 3 - Pollution (PDF)
- Rubenstein CH. 11 Industry - Key Issue 4 (PDF)
- Rubenstein Reading Guide (hardcopy given out in class)
HW: Continue reading Rubenstein CH. 11, Industry; study Industry vocab -- quiz next class.
- Finish reading Rubenstein. Work on the reading guide (yes, this will be part of the binder check on the day of summative assessments)
- Vocab terms to know (most come from Rubenstein's Industry CH. 11 but some are in Fouberg's Industry CH. 12)
- Vocab quiz will be at the end of next class (after a lecture and chance to get to know many these terms with more context). It will be 15-20 terms. Matching with a word bank provided.
Perishable Products Company
Right to Work Laws
Weber's Least cost theory
Primary industrial regions
Global division of labor
Friction of distance
Quizlet Flashcard Sets to also help study...